Watermelon and Feta Salad
I am all about light salads in this heat!
Sopwell House’s Executive Head Chef Gopi Chandran’s exclusive recipe for watermelon and feta salad is just perfect.
Watermelon and Feta Salad Recipe
- ¼ Watermelon – Skin removed and diced 1 inch thick
- Feta – 200g diced or crumbled
- Kalamata olives – 50g pitted
- Red chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Olive oil – 10ml
- Garlic clove – 1 clove
- A sprig of thyme and rosemary
- ½ large lemon, remove rind and julienne (slice rind into thin strips). Juice the flesh
- Basil leaves – 10g
- Mint leaves – 10g
- To make the dressing, slowly and carefully heat olive oil, adding the garlic, chilli, thyme and rosemary, lemon rind.
- Gently heat for 3 minutes, add lemon juice, salt and pepper. It’s important to do this slowly to avoid burning any of the added elements.
- Set aside to cool
- To serve, spread the diced watermelon in the desired dish, sprinkle the feta on top, spoon over olives and distribute the dressing evenly.
- Finish with a fine chiffonade of basil and mint – this will bring out all the flavour.
If you’re recreating at home we’d love to know, be sure to tag #SopwellHouseRecipes they woudlove to see your version!
About Sopwell House
Sopwell House is a stunning 18th Century Georgian house located in the city of St. Albans deep within the Hertfordshire countryside. Located only 20 minutes from London St. Pancras, the hotel is the idyllic getaway just outside of the hustle and bustle of the capital. The hotel is the perfect place to dine boasting a 2AA Rosette restaurant, a vibrant Brasserie, an elegant cocktail lounge, and conservatory bar, all of which look out on 12-acres of beautiful gardens.
Sopwell House, Cottonmill Lane, St Albans, AL1 2HQ
For reservations, please call:01727 864477