Foolproof Chocolate Brownie Recipe
This is a super easy Chocolate brownie recipe
We are so lucky to host this lovely recipe from Gopi Chandran from Sopwell House who shows us how to make an indulgent chocolate brownie at home that will work every single time.
How fabulous! Just the kind of recipes we like at Eat Simply!
Serves 8-10 people
- 250g good quality dark chocolate – we use Callebaut Dark Chocolate Buttons
- 250g unsalted butter
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking flour
- 4 large eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Lightly grease a tray-bake tin (or silicone tray) and line with baking paper.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the eggs and sugar to create a custard-like consistency.
- Slowly add the chocolate and butter, mixing in gradually to ensure the cold and warm mixtures combine smoothly.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and mix well.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into the lined tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or 25 minutes if you prefer them more gooey and soft.
- Leave to cool, slice into 8-10 squares and enjoy!
Sopwell House’s Chocolate Brownie is served in The Brasserie with passion fruit crémeux & coconut sorbet.
About Sopwell House
Sopwell House is a stunning 18th Century Georgian house located in the city of St. Albans The hotel has a2AA Rosette restaurant, a vibrant Brasserie, an elegant cocktail lounge, and conservatory bar, all of which look out on 12-acres of beautiful gardens.
Sopwell House, Cottonmill Lane, St Albans, AL1 2HQ
Pin for later
Do pop over to see my easy shortbread recipe is if simple baking is your thing!