Today’s recipe: Sweet potato and spinach quesadilla
Sweet potatoes and spinach are both essential sources of vitamins and minerals that promote eye health. Packed with beta carotene, the body converts beta carotene in sweet potatoes into vitamin A, a nutrient that helps prevent dry eyes and night blindness. Beta carotene and vitamin A also may help reduce the risk eye infections.
Ingredients for your sweet potato and spinach quesadilla :
1 sweet potato
1⁄2 jalapeno chilli – chopped
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 garlic clove – crushed
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Pierce the sweet potatoes and cook in an oven at 200 degrees for 50 minutes, or until soft
- Let the potatoes cool and scoop out the inners
- Heat some of the oil in a large skillet and add the garlic, heat for 1-2 minutes until brown, add the sweet potato flesh, spinach, jalapeno and cumin
- Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally, season accordingly
- Spread the filling on one half of each of the tortillas and fold shut
- Brush with oil on each side and cook on a hot griddle pan for 3 minutes or until brown.
You might also like to take a look at my vegan one pot recipes here