Have you ever wondered how to make candied orange peel?
Candied Orange Peel is a great way to use up a glut of oranges, preserve them in attractive jars for a home-made gift or store in the fridge for a dip-into treat wie videos von facebooken.
Candied Orange Peel is a delicious way to preserve oranges when there is a glut. They also make a great home-made present or gift when presented in an attractive glass jar google play.
It is well worth making double or triple the recipe because of the time involved in making it, and it’s so delicious that one batch won’t be enough herunterladen!
Candied Orange Peel Recipe
Ingredients – makes 1 – 2 cups of syrupy candied peel netflix auf tablet serien downloaden.
2 cups of water, plus more for boiling
1 cup of sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1-star anise pod
4 cardamom pods
Method for candied orange peel
1 herunterladen. The oranges must be well-washed if they are bought from a supermarket scrub them well to remove any wax.
2. Cut off both the top and the bottom of each orange so that the orange flesh is visible fett verbrennungs ofen kostenlos downloaden.
3. Cut the orange lengthways into four pieces and remove the flesh. Using a sieve, remove the fruity bits and collect the strained juice.
4 ipad apps automatischen. Top up the juice with water to make it up to half a cupful then put it aside for later.
5. Bring the pieces of peel to the boil in a pan of water, then strain the peel, add some freshwater and bring to the boil again raspberry file. Drain and when they are cool enough cut into thin strips.
6. In a saucepan, put the sugar and water, heat slowly to dissolve the sugar, and then add the pieces of peel, the half cup of orange juice, and the spices stronghold crusader kostenlos downloaden deutsch.
7. Simmer very gently until the liquid has reduced and become thick and syrupy, this may take up to an hour and a half, make sure it is stirred frequently throughout this reduction stage.
8. Leave the mixture to cool for around ten minutes, then transfer it into hot sterile jars, put on the lids, and put the jars into a bowl full of cold or even better-iced water to cool them down quickly.
9. When cold, store the jars in the fridge. When using the peel, use an ultra-clean spoon every time to prolong its lifespan.
This is delicious used in cooking, many greek recipes call for candied orange peel.
If you enjoyed this recipe for candied orange peel you might also like my recipe for orange cardamon cake