Syn free butternut squash and spinach risotto
I do love a risotto, I find it such a warming and comforting food. Yes it requires a bit of effort but oh it’s so worth it in my opinion Where do get such a creamy taste that is also slimming world friendly. I find it is s so moist and creamy and you really don’t need any dairy and adding cheese become s purely a luxurious option.
It is also very filling and a really lovely supper particularly when it is still a little chilly out there.
Here is my recipe for a slimming world friendly syn free butternut squash and spinach risotto.
- 500g butternut squash ( frozen/pre chopped)
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 litre of boiling vegetable stock
- fry light
- 3 radishes sliced
- 4 slices quorn bacon fried in frylight
- 4 plum tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- mixed herbs
- Heat the oven to 180 and place the squash on a fry light sprayed baking tray for about 15 mins turning once, roast the tomatoes at the same time by spraying with fry light and adding to the tray.
- Meanwhile make up the vegetable stock with boiling water
- Fry the onion and the garlic for a couple of minutes in fry light.
- Add the rice and ladle upon ladle of vegetable stock until all absorbed and the rice is creamy and soft (15-20m ) Keep stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach leaves (washed and with stalks cut off) until these have wilted and stir gently.
- Then add chopped cooked bacon, roasted tomatoes, and butternut quash to the rice and stir well
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or a fresh baby leaf salad
Enjoy! As ever please let me know if you make it and what you think of the recipe. I am always open to suggestions and alternatives abd am keen to hear your thoughts.
Can you think of any variations you might make on this? I obviously did a veggie recipe ( all my recipes are vegetarian.) I was wondering how mushrooms might work or using sage instead of spinach. Hmm I think this just means I have to make it all over again soon. Once I have cleared up from last time!
Pin for later …