Breakfast Oatmeal Cake
Breakfast is one of those times you really do want something scrumptious but also feel you should be super-healthy isn’t it. Start the day the way you mean to go on right!
- 1 and 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup of Oats
- 1/2 a cup of Softened Butter
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar (packed firmly)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of Flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon of Soda
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Nutmeg
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pour bowling water over oats, and cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually add in sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add in vanilla and eggs, and continue mixing.
- Finally add in oats, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix well.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until baked through.
- Let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Oh and if you are looking for more breakfast recipes check out my fabulous breakfast tower