Syn Free Slimming World Breakfast Tower
I have long been an advocate of slimming world and love to try out and create new recipes based on their principles. As a life long veggie I love how many options there are to feel really full and eat super healthily on the slimming world diet.
Cooked breakfasts always feel such a treat to me and a lovely way to celebrate a weekend or a special occasion.
We had this to celebrate a bank holiday, the little bit of extra time to cook and to really think about how you start the day. It can feed 2 or 4 just depending how hungry you are and kids seem to absolutely love these too. I guess it’s because they are so simple – and who doesn’t love a tumbling tower.
You can substitute salad leaves for Spinach, tomatoes for mushrooms or whatever takes your fancy as long as it is on the free foods list.
This breakfast tower is packed with protein and super tasty and blissfully syn -free on a Slimming World diet.
Enjoy – We certainly did!
- 3 eggs,
- quorn ham slices
- 100g new potatoes,
- black pepper,
- 1 large red onion OR 6 spring onions
- salad leaves,
- 8 plum tomatoes
- fry light
- Grate the potatoes in a bowl then squeeze out the liquid with a tea towel
- Add all seasoning (be generous!)
- Dice opinion really finely then combine with the above.
- Heat a frying pan with fry light till hot.
- Shape the mixture with a round cookie cutter to make 4 even sized circles.
- Fry for about 3 minutes on each side, being sure to press them down with a spatula.
- Then place on a non stick baking tray for 10m in a pre-hated oven (about 200 c)
- Spray the tops with fry light.
- Also add your 8 plum tomatoes to your baking tray, spraying on top and underneath with fry light.this will help them roast beautifully. I also sprinkle a little salt
- These will also take 10-12m.
- Once your rosti's are almost done, quickly poach two eggs and wash your salad leaves.
- I poach my eggs by putting boiling water in a mug, cracking in my egg them microwaving for 50 seconds. They always work.
- Then simply stack your rosti with a slice of quorn ham, salad leaves plum tomato and a poached egg and season again with s& p.
- Just delicious, syn free and filling.
If you love this recipe feel free to pin it for later and please do share it with your friends.
Do you follow Slimming World? If you do I would love to hear your breakfast ideas and would be delighted if you shared them with me in the comments below.
Check out my recipe for Slimming World Salsa which would compliment this beautifully